Going through tough times in life, we sometimes forget to take a step back and appreciate all the good things that we have going on in our lives and all the amazing qualities about ourselves that we take for granted.In order for me not to be consumed or sidetracked with my problems, I have put together a quick list of some of the things that I am thankful for and I hope that this list urges you to do the same. Because when you focus on the good rather than the bad, you’ll remember this isn’t your first storm and you have valiantly survived each one before.
1. I am thankful for my relationship with God—I may not always be on track with him, but he has never let me down. He is the sole power I draw my strength, faith and hope from. The only one I put my entire trust in and the only one that continues to see me through life’s ups and downs.
2. I am thankful for my amazing relationship with my Mother—where do I even begin? She is truly my favorite human in this entire universe and the most important person to me. She has seen me through my best and worst and loves me unconditionally. She is my rock and my biggest cheerleader. Having a close-knit relationship with such a genuine soul like my mom brings me so much joy and fulfillment. Her honesty and kicking it straight to you attitude has gotten me out of some trying situations! Thank you Mom!
3. I am thankful for my Family- some of the most amazing people I know. I am grateful for their love, support and the wisdom they impart in my life daily.
4. I am thankful for my Sisters--I had been the only child for a good chunk of my life and when I received the news that I would be an older sister not once but twice, I nearly passed out from jealousy lol not knowing they would be one of the best things that had ever happened to my life. Now, I can’t imagine my life without them and the loving bond we share will forever carry us through life.
5. I am thankful for my amazing friends-- who have lasted with me through the decades, and to the new ones that I have been so blessed and fortunate to have met and who continue to support and inspire me.
6. I am thankful for my mind that continues to be creative, curious and optimistic
7. I am thankful for my education (truly—what thing we so often take for granted)
8. I am thankful for my will to not only survive but thrive-- no matter what life throws my way I face it like a champion.
9. I am thankful for my zest for life and adventure—I am a free spirit who can’t be tamed.
10. I am thankful for my ability to remain optimistic in trying situations—no matter what I bounce back better than ever.
11. I am thankful to have been in love--even though those experiences never ended the way I hoped, they have all taught me some valuable lessons and have propelled me into becoming the woman that I am today. Now I know what I want, what I need, what I deserve, what to not tolerate and how to remove myself from situations that don’t serve me right.
12. I am thankful for my ability to always evolve, grow and adapt
13. I am thankful for my travel experiences, to being exposed to new cultures and milieu and for meeting some awesome people that I still call friends.
14. I am thankful for being a strong, fearless woman who dances to the beat of her own drum and will never apologize for who I am.
15. I am thankful for my heart that continues to love big and forgive easily.
16. I am thankful for my abilities to be selfless and to truly give my all in everything that I do
17. I am thankful for the ability to know when to let go and move on!
Three women going through life.