I am the biggest advocate for reading and not spending too much time in front of a screen. However, I know first hand that there are times where you just want to get lost in a show. Here’s a list of shows I enjoyed marathon watching and deemed worthy of hours in front of the screen.
1. Grey’s Anatomy: While yes, it can get pretty crazy and weird at times, I started this show late in the game. In about a year I was able to watched 8 seasons and finally catch up to the current season (at that point it was season 9). I haven’t stopped watching since, and there are so many plot twists and character developments that you just have to keep going. Confession: I’ve watched seasons 1-9 twice and I’m not ashamed!
2. Gilmore Girls: This is not for the ‘I don’t want to pay too much attention to the screen’ people. Gilmore Girls is a show you have to pay attention to or you’ll miss the witty puns that make the show what it is. I have now seen the entire series twice, once when it was airing on TV and again very recently and loved every minute of it.
3. Westworld: While this is a new one, the episodes are long and intricate, so before they announce another season I suggest you catch up on this one here. If you need a debrief afterwards, don’t worry -- we all did.
4. Bob’s Burgers: Not your typical binge show (since you can pick up at any moment throughout the show), sometimes we need a break from all of the drama tv. Louise, Gene, Bob, Tina and Linda will have you laughing and ready for the next adventure.
5. Power: This show is dirty, suspenseful, sexy and beautifully shot. It took me a while to sit down and watch it but once I started I couldn’t stop. If you’re looking for something with some grit, hop on the Power bandwagon there’s plenty of room for more.
What are your favorite shows to watch back to back?
Three women going through life.